SQL Data Engineer
Eventually on site in Austin, Tx at VA FSC
HITSS, LLC is seeking a SQL Data Engineer provides highly specialized applications and operational analysis. The Engineer assists with planning and supporting network and computing infrastructure. The Engineer has knowledge and contributes with networking technologies and is cognizant to all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Develop, implement and maintain a scalable data management architecture to support the storage and querying of large datasets
- Create and maintain data pipelines to automate the processing of large data sets
- Partner with other engineering functions within the company to understand the data and drive analytics
- Help design and maintain efficient data collection workflows with other groups within the company
- Manage and perform data analysis to identify data quality issues
- Propose new technologies that could improve the way data is handled
- Manage data security and provide efficient access to engineering teams
- Communicate technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Database maintenance
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics and perform exploratory analysis
- Monitoring key product metrics and understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Empower and assist operation and product teams through building key data sets and data-based recommendations
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
- Strong SQL proficiency
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience working with and processing big data
- In-depth understanding of database design and structure principles, data management fundamentals, data storage principles and data quality analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex data.
- Proficiency with scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, or other Big Data technologies
- Experience building optimized data pipelines and architectures.
- Experience working with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and a variety of sensors for different applications include camera, radar, lidar.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with the VA is preferred
- Public trust clearance, preferred