Salary Range- 90 – 110K Annual
HITSS is seeking a seasoned Senior Linux System Administrator with strong knowledge of creating plans to assure effective management, operations and maintenance of systems and or networks. We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of Linux systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems including AWS cloud experience. Veterans are encouraged to apply
- Evaluate systems and upgrades for appropriateness.
- Oversee implement system upgrade strategies.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions.
- Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Responsible for maintaining all server-side Security Certificates to ensure compliance with the FSC’s cyber security policy.
- Develop/Document strategies to manage the frequency of installations of the support package releases and patch.
- Research/Document current systems technologies and serve as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures
- Responsible for installing and maintaining the Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 server operating systems and various Linux applications and services such as Apache, TomCat, Kerberos, LDAP, MySQL, Satellite Server, Centrify, Java, Pacemaker, Bash, Python, Ansible, and Perl scripting.
- Responsible for supporting Oracle database installations/environment and setting up shared storage.
- Responsible for the security posture and implementing patches of Linux assets during weekly maintenance windows (off-hours).
- Monitor system maintenance and provide technical recommendations for enhancement.
- Thorough understanding and workings of Server protocols including, NTP, SMTP, SFTP, and email routing.
- Provide technical know-how to internal and external personnel on highly complex system administration and installation processes.
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Thorough understanding and workings of incident handling protocols, personally identifiable information, Server network procedures, and information handling.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to formulate complex technical solutions. Inform stakeholders of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Provide immediate response to break-fix of Linux assets base on the FSC’s Core Business Systems (to include off-hours).
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred
- 5 years of experience as a Linux System Administrator or similar role
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may substitute for education
- Redhat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC-3) level 3 certified.
- Capable of working under pressure, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience providing services to the federal government is preferred
- PowerShell scripting is highly desirable
- Experience utilizing Ansible and writing Ansible playbooks to handle complex tasks is high desirable.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users