Salary Range: $100-$120k
Future duties and responsibilities
The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build a shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation at a program/portfolio level.
- Coach and support Agile teams with continuous process improvement of software delivery
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with Agile methods.
- Instill SAFe/Agile best practices including PI Planning, Team ceremonies, capacity planning, cross team dependencies
- Facilitate cross functional Feature/User Story creation
- Facilitate and manage cross team conversations and workshops with teams, clients and partners.
- Ability to pro-actively track and remove impediments for the team
- Facilitate product owner input and team interactions. Ensure the communication of scope and requirements changes throughout the team, including sprint impact analysis.
- Support product owner in management of backlog, ensuring Scrum process standards, identification of stakeholders and stakeholder conditions of acceptance.
- Assists team in creating predictable and reliable capacity assessments for sprints and Program Increments
- Support product development by providing high level business analysis and development estimates, including coordination of multiple product analysis
- Support teams and management towards improving agile processes and metrics.
- Help with new Scrum team setup or evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams
- Deliver training classes as part of coaching for roles including product owners, developers and testers.
- Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials.
- Should be able to create governance structures which are focused on empowering teams to make decisions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Clearly identify the essential qualification vs. the desired qualifications
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
- Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Scrum, Scaled Agile, Lean Agile, XP, Kanban and other Agile development techniques
- Ability to understand and aggregate product knowledge, including execution to product roadmap
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Ability to synchronize with non-technical teams to deliver product releases smoothly, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with vendors and stakeholders to identify project risks, constraints and dependencies
- Ability to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- 5+ years’ experience with customer-facing web applications
- Experience supporting a large-scale ERP implementation
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification (required)
- SAFe Agilist 5.0 Certification (strongly desired)